The COO Risk
Introducing a New Community for Global Financial Services Risk Professionals (CROs and COOs focused on Risk)
Armstrong Wolfe and Global Economics Group announce the formation of a community focused on meeting the needs of the CRO and the COO for risk at global financial services institutions.
The banking industry faces simultaneous issues, including degrading macroeconomic conditions, increased regulations, monetary tightening, Climate Risk, workforce disruptions, and pressure to leverage the latest technological advancements like generative AI that cannot be fully addressed in isolation. Chief Risk Officers are often the focal point in identifying and implementing innovative responses to these issues.
We are forming a community of interested parties, bank executives, industry leaders, consultants, and technology providers to provide insights and thought leadership specifically targeted at the needs of the CRO and risk organization.
This community will focus on the financial, non-financial, and operational challenges that risk organizations share. Community activities include virtual sessions, roundtables, and in-person events. We will work with community members to identify those issues where we can provide additional focus and attention to determine solution approaches and other response strategies
Why join the Risk community?
- Peer Connection – Engage with similarly situated executives in peer organizations to understand and debate the common challenges financial services institutions face.
- Industry Insights – Our ecosystem of experts, including advisors, solution providers, and thought leaders, will identify the most relevant topics and collaborate to create valuable points of view that cut through the noise and clutter of today’s solution environment to identify and refine practical strategies.
- Global Reach and Diversity of Thought – This group includes representatives from all major geographies and various institutions, including G-SIBS, Regional Banks, Broker-Dealers, and Specialist providers, allowing for a more robust discussion.
- Value – Time spent with this community pays itself back in the quality of the relationships, interaction, and knowledge gained.
Focusing the Relevant Issues Across the Community, including:
- Capital and Liquidity Management – Institutions across the globe are focusing increased attention on their available capital, its ability to protect against adverse conditions, and the ability to produce returns in an environment of higher interest rates and potential new regulations, including the Basel III endgame and regional regulatory differences (e.g., US tailoring rules).
- Client Profitability – As the overall industry performance has lagged behind other sectors, institutions must be more selective than ever in serving clients that offer the most profit opportunities and optimizing their service delivery approach to maximize their ability to return capital to shareholders.
- Data, Analytics, and AI – Data continues to be the lifeblood of the financial services industry as advances in data processing power and artificial intelligence, including generative AI, provide opportunities to provide better and more customized products and services to their clients in a way that strikes a balance between risk and return.
- Culture and Conduct – Institutions are under increased pressure to measure and monitor their culture and conduct to ensure that it is consistent with their mission, vision, core values, and regulatory requirements.
- Non-Financial Risks – New and emerging risks are constantly surfacing, requiring institutions to define, govern, and manage them effectively, along with addressing and optimizing the approach to evergreen issues of financial crime and operational risks.
“Our clients value the opportunity to interact and debate with their peers in a safe environment that combines open dialog with curated industry expertise and insights. Everyone believes they are better for engaging with this community.”
Principal, Global Economics Group.
“Having benefited firsthand as an industry participant in the Armstrong Wolfe International COO community, I’m excited to now play a part in the establishment of the COO Risk and Compliance Community. Throughout my career, opportunities to come together with industry peers to regularly exchange ideas and experiences on the more challenging topics of the day, along with the lasting relationships made, has been invaluable. I look forward to the continued strengthening of our profession through this important forum.”
Armstrong Wolfe Advisor to this Community
Armstrong Wolfe has sponsored and managed the highly successful International COO Community (iCOOC) for many years.
Adding the global risk agenda and Global Economics Group is a natural extension of the proven value proposition of engagement, insights, and thought leadership.